Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Melbourne Trip: City Biking Day

Date: 14.06.2011
Visited Place: Melbourne City

Today is not the 1st day i visited the City. I was there on the 1st day of my visit. I did not blog anything regard the 1st day as i was out to meet my friend and my friend did not arrange anything on the 1st day as i boarded the night flight from Malaysia and they insist that i need some rest before starting my trip in Melbourne. I did mention that we always compare when we go to a new country with the current country that we are currently staying. Of course, i would be comparing Melbourne City with Kuala Lumpur. When i first go around the city, all the buildings is shortie. Houses in Melbourne is not identical too. Your house would not be the same design with your neighbours. Well, the concept they have in Melbourne is, they will purchase the land and they will build a home that they want. Erm, i dunno if i like which way better. But i think it would be nicer to view and it look more organise if all the houses look the same =)
Seriously i think i do not like the driving lane design. I do not know how to describe it here but ya, just the design of the driving lane for the car. Beside that, totally cool.The have a lane for cyclist and the have pedestrian at every traffic light. Car slow down to let pedestrians cross the road.
The main activities that we are going to do today is CYCLING. I miss it the day before at Mornington Peninsula at the Port Nepean Nature Park. They wanted to replace my disappointment with "A day ride in Melbourne city".

the information board on "Bike Share"
It is really easy to get urself a bike in Melbourne as i guess this is one of the tourist activities they recommend in their "Visit Melbourne" website. First of all, this whole cycling in the city is called "Share Bike". And i think the share bike station is about 200m away from each others. It is actually an easy task. Clear instruction is given on the board. The board contain a lot of information. It has the map of the Melbourne City. Well, to rent this bike. What we must have is a credit card and a helmet. A helmet is a must when u ride your bicycle in Melbourne. You will kena "saman" if you dun. All 7-11 store sell them. The helmet is AUD10. Then, to rent the bike, use the credit card. Rental is counted this way. Pay AUD2.50 for a free half an hour ride. If exceed the half an hour, then hav to pay additional AUD2 for the next 30mins and another AUD2.50 for the bike. As it is charged to your credit card, you should watch your own time =)

I've got my bike and my helmet too
my friends getting their bikes
me on the move =)
I so love my friend.. Haha..
I am at the parliament
We rode around the city for almost 2 hours i think. From the city to the outer city. Almost going to cycle to St. Kilda beach but that will require us another an hour and we are already starving. So basically i cycle around the city and enjoy the business and also the scenery in the city. Well, I am impress with the road system on how they kinda respect other drivers as well as the pedestrians. Trams and Trains are all over the city too. (will blog more about the City in next post as i was on my feet in the city for another 2 days)
We were so hungry that we need to grab something to eat and something fascinating capture my eye. We end up having out brunch at Pie Face.
choices in pie face
an expression to get myself a pie
 It was really cute. Different pie has a different facial expression on the pie. And according to my friend we need to mimic the facial expression on the pie we intend to have. That was like so fun rite? haha. But i amjust thinking, if they meet someone like my dad, he will definitely walk out of the shop and nvr return to the shop again. That is how serious my dad is. But i think they are just trying to make the shop more happening. If so coincident they met someone that is serious, i think they will let them through without asking them to mimic i think. We look fun and young so i guess they played with us =)

my Pie - chicken mushroom pie
That is what i got myself after a tiring road trip =) it actually have smashed green pea on top of the mashed potato too. But i seriously dun like pea =) but my friend say the smashed green pea is nice =) Perfect day for an perfect outdoor activities =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From this you know how it useful that Helmet rentals are a waste of time unless every station can rent/return a helmet and who wants to buy more than one helmet - that's not very good for the environment...Bikes Sale Melbourne