Thursday, June 30, 2011

Melbourne Trip: Mount Buller

Date: 17.06.2011
Visited Place: Mount Buller

Skiing is one of the to do things in my "things to be done before Chyeli turn 30" list. I have been longing for this trip for a very long time. I can say that this activity is the highlight of my trip as it is something new to me =)
There is once i always think that when a country have winter, there will be snow at the country. Just incase someone of there have my old thinking, Australia isn a country that will snow during the winter =) So in order to do the skiing, we will have to go to top of a mountain as there is the place that will snow. So off we go to one of the skiing resort in Australia, Mount Buller. Friend say i was lucky. Sun is out when i need Mr. Sun and Rain visit when i go ski. It is a good thing to rain you know why? Because raining in the top of the mountain mean snowing and the more it rain, the thicker the snow and you will enjoy the ski. Well, according to friend, I am lucky and guess I should admit it =)
As it is dangerous to drive up to the icy mountain and it will require you to spike your car tire to avoid skidding. Therefore, we took a bus tour to Mount Buller. Again we subscribe EverGreen tour agency. (well, i know after the bad experience with the tour guide to GOR, why do i still go with this tour agency) This is because we bought this earlier than GOR. But then, i am not going to complain about this tour guide as she is great. Bi-language and helpful =) Most important is she did not ask for "compulsory" tip like the GOR tour guide do =(
the main entrance of the ski resort
 The bus stop in the middle of the mountain to spike the tire. This is my first time seeing. I always curious how the tire can take the torn. I get the chance to see how people spike their tire too. Apparently it is like a stop and when the snow got thicker, all vehicles that are heading to the top are required to spike their tires. The thing that they use when they spike their tire is like fish net. But this net is made of metal and it has small small torn on the net. It was pretty amazing. I didn manage to capture a picture. As it is snowing, the bus window if fogging. The picture didn turn out to be really nice. Along the way, it is all while and i really like the scenery. I almost regret did not sign up for the overnight package. It would be pretty awesome if i get to spend a night there. Well, at least it can give me a pre-warning sign before going to Alaska? haha.. It is good to have dream. Am I right?
after skiing
i really love the feeling that i am surrounded by whitty snow
the tour guide and me
at the white garden
Well, i did not take any picture with the equipments. When we got there, it was pretty pack as our lesson start at 11am and we are still in the changing room. So there is where we got our helmet, ski equipments and everything. And it is pretty troublesome to have my camera with me. So i didn not use my camera at all during the ski season. Well, i predict that i will fall, and that i didn wanna break my camera into 2. That is my reason. Haha. Well, upon putting on all the equipment, we have to move to the lesson centre. I must say that i have difficult time walking with the ski boot. It is tight and it is hard. I seriously walk like a penguin there and i have to take care of my poles which is pretty annoying and the ski pad (i dunno what it call but is the 2 long thing to be attached to your ski boot in order to ski). Anyway, we carry everything and walk about 15mins. I must say that that was the longest 15mins i ever had.
Reaching at the lesson centre, we were introduce to our ski teacher. I am sorry. I forget the name =) He isn bad and he teach pretty good too. I didn thought that i will be so timid. But i am when i ski. Haha. The beginner is hard. Well, after the 2 hours lesson from the instructor, we get our own free time, and the butt itchy me sat the cable car i guess i should call them. Those cable car you see in the TV carrying all the skier up to the mountain and the skier will ski down the mountain/slope. I just wanna try what it is feel like to be on the ski cable car. Guess that was a decision i should not make. Apparently i will have to ski down after i go up to the mountain. And it is super high wei. It was snowing and i cannot see anything that further than 100m in front of me. It is just plain white. That is the moment when i start thinking, if something happen to me, whoe will come to the rescue and if i fall and my ski pad stuck and i cant get up, who will help me up. Things like that just cross my mind. With the snowball practise (it is actually a name for how we stop). I had a very hard time struggling down the mountain. And of course, i met good person that guide me when they feel tht i am having a hard time. It is pretty hard to describe my ski experience but i just wanna say i really enjoy it. I guess at the end of the day, i am master with the snowball practice. The up the mountain incident really scare me a little but i guess that is what make the story of my life more interesting =) Next aim is ski at Switzerland? haha..
We were pretty exhausted after the ski experience. we had our max hour outside as i did not wanna waste my time eating =) Then we off to go back. By the time i am home, my leg is bengkak. Haha. I didn have any sore leg or body. Just the blue-black effect on my toes and thigh due to the snowball effect i guess..
result of skiing
I Pity my toes, but i never regretted going for ski.. It is an amazng experience =)

No comments: