Thursday, June 30, 2011

Melbourne Trip: Phillip Island

After the nightmare Great Ocean Road, am a little worry about my Phillip Island's trip. Worry that i have to go all the way with disappointment. Well, Phillip Island require about 2.3 hours car ride from the city i think. But i still go for it hoping that it will be a great one.
I actually enjoy the Phillip Island tour a lot. Maybe because the road is not so winding and the view is really good. I almost wanna stay there and not coming back. Haha. A bit too much ah.. Along the highway you can hav a large piece of farm with the view of the sea. That sort of view should not able to be capture in Malaysia nor using my camera. Therefore, it is nicely kept in my heart. Tasmania used to be one of the many places i wanted to visit for the beach. Told by my friend that to go Tasmania for vacation, we must go for road trip and the road is worst than Great Ocean Road. So, Tasmania, i think i will see u in the picture =)

the Nobbies
me at the Nobbies
Well, i never thought that Phillip's Island is going to be an island. Well, i know the island is pre-mention in the name of the place but i thought it is just name for the sake of naming? haha. But Phillip's Island is actually an island and beside the penguin, there is actually lots things and places to visit too? But i visited only the Nobbies. This is the area where some lucky tourists get to watch seal. I guess i am the unlucky one. I drop my phone cover and i drop my camera causing it to scar. But i like the view and the wind. It is cold but the wind make me calm and comfortable. I really like it. Too bad there aren any resort build facing this view or at the Nobbie. Loving it =)
Penguin Center
the fairy penguin
After the magnificent view, we head straight to the penguin Center. Well, i wanna make myself clear that the above picture for the fairy penguin is not taken by me. I downloaded somewhere in the internet. We are not suppose to take any picture with the fairy as the flashlight will blind them or scare them something like that. Ok. So we bought our ticket to go into the center. The ticket cost me about AUD20 i think. Around there. Basically we got our ticket then they brought us to the viewing arena. Well, i was suppose to take pictuer of the arena but ah.. i was excited and.. i forget. haha. The arena is pretty. Well, it sorta for us to wait and watch silently for the little fairy penguin when they return from the sea. We were there about 445pm i think and they expect the penguin to come out at about 530pm. Bear in mind that the time for the penguin to come back is not the same for every season. It is advisable to google and research before going as during the summer, penguin come back only about 9pm at night.
I fnd it so touching to see groups of penguins walking to the bushes back to their homesweethome, either to their kids or even their spouse. It is a very warm scene for me. If i am a photography, i would wanna capture the moment when the wave washed the sand and when the water return to the sea, one by one the little penguin appearing on the beach. That moment seriously capture my heart and i am falling for the fairy penguin =)
Show doesn just end here. Well, along the road where we head back to the center, we actually able to see the fairy penguin walking back to their house. See them hugging with their own family or fren after a rough day and long day out at the sea and most important is, they come back alive. That touched my heart more. Haha..
I stay awhile there enjoying the feeling and the scenery before heading home. I like this tour and i think it worth the money to offer such an opportunity to look at them upclose and to have someone telling us stories about them =)         

No comments: